Tom Giese Skier Development Fund (TGSDF)
September, 2023. We would like to extend a sincere thank you to all who contributed to the Tom Giese Skier Development Fund! Your support got the fund off the ground, helped local skiers at all levels, and will make Tom’s “be a skier” spirit a lasting part of the community.
May was always one of Tom’s favorite times of the year. He loved to look back on the successes from the past season, but even more important to him was looking ahead at the coming year and putting a plan together that would help the kids improve. As we do our best to live up to this standard with the TGSDF, here is a summary of our first year and a glimpse of what’s to come.
- More than $3000 donated in the ‘21/’22 season:
- Fast Tracks Youth Ski League – sponsored a complete set of ski equipment (skis, boots, poles) for one of the kids (ongoing annual gift)
- Mora High School Ski Team – provided 10 pair of classic skin skis
- “This fleet of classic skis has been amazing for the kids and the coaches!” – Coach Peter Larson
- Junior National Trip Donations:
- Cooper Lennox – “I am very thankful that youth in our community will continue to be impacted by his compassion for the sport.”
- Tayah Anderson – “I’m grateful for the support of many different people, but especially the Tom Giese family for their generosity.”
Please help us continue to support Tom’s goal and our mission of helping the development of youth skiers through a wide range of activities such as providing funding for equipment, training programs, camps and national competitions, and coaching.
If you know of any young skiers in need of support, please contact the Vasaloppet USA office at email@example.com or call 320-679-2629
Be a Skier,
The Giese Family