The Snake River Canoe Race is scheduled for Saturday, May 1 and but will implement a number of changes to follow State Covid guidelines. The race will follow the traditional course: starting at the County Road 3 Bridge northeast of Mora and finishing as usual on the west side of Mora. Online registration will be available beginning March 15.
Starting at 1pm February 21st through February 27th, registration for the 2022 ski race will be open. Take advantage of the cheapest rate of the season at $70 for the Vasa, Dala, and the Classic. The special will be open for only one week, so be sure to take advantage of it.
REGISTER HERE for 2022 50th Vasaloppet.
Results for all races can be found online right here.
As outlined in our COVID safety plan, this year we do not have a Celebration tent, and we will not be holding an awards ceremony. We will, however, still be having all of our age class awards as we do every year. We will just not be awarding them on race weekend.
Since we will be having a rolling start to the races, the final results and award standings will not be determined until all skiers have finished their race. Age class winners who earn a Dala Horse trophy will be notified by the Vasaloppet office. Arrangements will be made to have the winners pick up their horses at the Vasaloppet office, at one of several ski shops throughout Minnesota, or in special circumstances, they will be mailed.
All skiers will get their finishers medal at the finish line. When you cross the finish line a kranskulla will direct you to the station to pick up your medal.
The annual Miniloppet children’s race, originally planned to take place on Saturday 2/6 has been rescheduled to Saturday, Feb. 20th due to Covid restriction on Vasaloppet race weekend and due to frigid weather forecast for Saturday February 6th.
The race will start at 1:30 pm and the start and finish will at the Mora Elementary School. There are four race distances from which to choose: 500 meter, 1 km meter, 3.5 km and 7km distances. The race is not timed and each participants receives a race bib and completion medal. Please note that because of COVID safety concerns, registration is available ONLY online this year. Registration is now open and will close at 1:00pm on race day. REGISTER HERE.
Here are the specifics for the Miniloppet race:
- Parking will be at the Welia Health Center parking lot by the Mora Elementary School.
- Miniloppet will take place on on Mora Elementary school property and portions of the Vasaloppet ski race course.
- Packet pick up at the Red Ski building (red shed), which is behind the Welia Health Center by the new tennis courts. The red shed is near the start of the race.
- There will not be on-site registration. You must register your child in advance online by going to REGISTER HERE.
- Please wear face masks and plan for social distancing
- Due to COVID-19 we will not have hot chocolate and cookies afterwards. Rather, there will be a table where parents and kids can pick up a pre-packaged snack and a bottle of water for their skier.
- Medals will be distributed at packet pick up. Parents can place the medal on their child at the finish.
- There will not be timing or results.
- The rolling start begins at 1:30p.m. (start when you arrive and are ready to ski.) Due to COVID there will not be a group start.
- 9th street will be closed so please access the school parking from the west side on 9th Street. Follow the detour signs to get to the parking lot.
Final course preparations begin Friday for weekend races
The Vasaloppet ski trails will be closed to the public beginning Friday, Feb. 19th in preparation for the ski races on Saturday and Sunday. Please respect the effort to prepare the best possible race course and stay off the the trails on Friday. Besides skiing, this includes walking as well as fat bikes. Ski wax testing is available on Lake Mora. Public skiing will resume late Sunday evening.
Meanwhile, The Vasaloppet ski trails continue to be in very good to excellent conditions for skiers visiting the Nordic Center on Wednesday and Thursday.
If you have questions, or need help, email: email@example.com