Due to the extremely cold weather forecast for this coming weekend Feb 13-14, combined with strict COVID restrictions, the in-person ski race has been postponed one week to Feb 20-21

For the safety of all skiers, volunteers, and organizers, the Vasaloppet USA Board of Directors have made the decision to postpone the ski race one week from February 13-14 to February 20-21.
If you have registered for any of the in-person ski races originally scheduled for this coming weekend, your registration will be automatically transferred to the weekend of Feb. 20-21. The race day schedule will remain the same:

Saturday February 20th

The Vasa 50 km Freestyle (starting at 8:20 am – 9:05 am in downtown Mora)
The Dala 34 km Freestyle (starting at 12:20 pm – 1:05 pm in downtown Mora)
Miniloppet Children’s Ski Race (starting at 1:30pm at Mora Elementary School)

Sunday February 21st

The Classic 44 km Classic-style (starting at 8:20 am – 9:05 am)
20 km Sunday Classic, classic-style (starting at 8:30 am – 9:05 am)
The Bell Ringer 13 km Freestyle (starting at 12:30 pm – 1:05 pm)
The virtual ski option has been extended to March 7th. All current in-person registered skiers may switch to the virtual option at any time. The deadline to switch from in-person to the virtual option is Thursday 2/18. All virtual skiers now have until March 7th to complete their race and report their ski race time to the Vasaloppet office.
In-person ski race registration has also been extended to 9pm on Friday 2/19.
Vasaloppet USA has prepared a comprehensive COVID preparedness plan for the in-person race, to assure the health and safety of all skiers, volunteers, and organizers.
We understand that this schedule change may not work for everyone, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. If you need to make any changes to your registration, please contact the Vasaloppet USA office with questions.
Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times. And thank you for your on-going support of Vasaloppet USA and the Community of Mora.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Moraloppet Ski for the Cause which was rescheduled to 2/20, will now be rescheduled again. The new date is yet to be determined, so stay tuned for more information soon.
REGISTER HERE for all ski races.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes