The annual Miniloppet children’s race, originally planned to take place on Saturday 2/6 has been rescheduled to Saturday, Feb. 20th due to Covid restriction on Vasaloppet race weekend and due to frigid weather forecast for Saturday February 6th.
The race will start at 1:30 pm and the start and finish will at the Mora Elementary School. There are four race distances from which to choose: 500 meter, 1 km meter, 3.5 km and 7km distances. The race is not timed and each participants receives a race bib and completion medal. Please note that because of COVID safety concerns, registration is available ONLY online this year. Registration is now open and will close at 1:00pm on race day. REGISTER HERE.
Here are the specifics for the Miniloppet race:
- Parking will be at the Welia Health Center parking lot by the Mora Elementary School.
- Miniloppet will take place on on Mora Elementary school property and portions of the Vasaloppet ski race course.
- Packet pick up at the Red Ski building (red shed), which is behind the Welia Health Center by the new tennis courts. The red shed is near the start of the race.
- There will not be on-site registration. You must register your child in advance online by going to REGISTER HERE.
- Please wear face masks and plan for social distancing
- Due to COVID-19 we will not have hot chocolate and cookies afterwards. Rather, there will be a table where parents and kids can pick up a pre-packaged snack and a bottle of water for their skier.
- Medals will be distributed at packet pick up. Parents can place the medal on their child at the finish.
- There will not be timing or results.
- The rolling start begins at 1:30p.m. (start when you arrive and are ready to ski.) Due to COVID there will not be a group start.
- 9th street will be closed so please access the school parking from the west side on 9th Street. Follow the detour signs to get to the parking lot.